Sunday, June 14, 2009

Strawberry Shortcake French Toast


Before going on our "prepare for Hawaii" diet, my husband (who requested to be referred to as "The Big JC" on this blog, but I'll use JC for short) and I made this french toast and I keep forgetting to post it.

JC is a much better french toast maker than I, so he handled that part of the recipe. I tackled the strawberry topping, and together we made magic.

Strawberry Shortcake French Toast
French Toast:
No set recipe... just make your favorite but whatever you do, be sure to sprinkle a layer of sugar on each side of the toast before placing it on the griddle to create a "crunch" for each bite. Trust us on this one. This is The Big JC's trick.

Strawberry topping:
1 small package of fresh strawberries
2-4 tablespoons of brown sugar (to taste)
a few drops of lemon juice

Place strawberries in a bowl to mash, or take the easy way out and place it in your food chopper to liquify. Add brown sugar (SO much tastier than white..), tasting it after each added tablespoon. Stop when you like the taste. Add lemon juice to taste as well. (I really just winged it and forgot to write it all down, but you can recreate it... trust me, I'm no pro. If I can do it, you definitely can!).

Top with whipped cream and fresh strawberries. A must. It's heavenly. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs