Sunday, June 28, 2009

Happy Sunday Evening

When JC and I were first married, we started the tradition of playing card games every Sunday night. It was my favorite time of the week, and we always had such a blast.

You would think that it would get old after a while, especially seeing how we only had two card games. Phase 10 and Skip-bo (classics). However, it never did and we always looked forward to Sunday Night Game Night.

That was until major life changes started taking place. We graduated, we moved, we had Little Guy, Jer started grad school, etc. We still tried to do it occasionally, but it just wasn't our little tradition anymore.

A few Sunday's ago we pulled out the good ol' Skip-bo cards from the closet, blew off the dust, popped some popcorn, sat cross legged on the couch and played like we had never stopped playing. It was fun. More than just fun actually. It was the highlight of my week (and not just because I happened to win all THREE games). We were able to talk and laugh and spend good quality time with each other while Little Guy was snoozing away. It was wonderful.

I am happy to say that I think SNGN is back! I am off to go win (er.. play..). Bring on the popcorn.

3 comments:

  1. We are huge fans of skipbo too. The xbox killed our game night. blah. I had to kick J off last night to play with me. (Hopefully JC wasn't mad at me!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. JC wasn't mad, he got off before J did, so no worries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love games. I make A play probably more than he wants.

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs