Monday, June 8, 2009

Five Minute Jell-o

Introducing... Five Minute Jell-o. The Jell-o that will save. your. life.

We love this stuff. My husband and Little Guy love it because it is GOOD, I love it because it is easy. Five minutes and it's done.

This stuff is such a life saver when I forget to make a Jell-o and don't have hours to wait for it to set up. This recipe is also no-fail. So simple and easy, you will love it!

First, gather your ingredients: 1 small package Jell-o, 2/3 c. boiling water, 8-9 ice cubes, and Cool-whip*.

Put Jell-o and water into a blender. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes. Add ice cubes one at a time. (Don't you love my ghetto lid? We lost our blender lid about 5 years ago and have had to be creative ever since.)

If desired, add some Cool Whip or yogurt.
Mix then pour into a bowl. Add fruit, if desired. Cool in refrigerator for 5 minutes.


Not only is it yummy, but it looks pretty served up in a bowl, almost like a mousse! I would suggest using strawberry Jell-o and adding some extra Cool Whip and fresh strawberries on top. YUM YUM.

*For a bigger portion, use 1 large package Jell-o, 1 1/3 cup boiling water, and 16-18 ice cubes.

17 comments:

  1. Ya!!!! Your back I was having morning Hil with drawls seriously! Love this by the way!!! Glad you guys made it home in one piece.... It's been so nasty down this end too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Putting this on my gotta-try list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I have actually NEVER made jello, can you believe it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful! I'm using up the insane amount of Jello that I for some reason (nobody knows) I have in my pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I bet my kids would LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh!! I think we've made something similar in the past but this looks better! I'm AWFUL at forgetting to start on the jello in time - we need to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. no way, this looks amazing. thanks for the recipe. mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We tried this the other night and it was so good! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait, wait, wait...how much Cool Whip? The whole thing? Half? How much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. however much you want miranda! I do about a cup or so for the small recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. made this tonight with strawberry-banana jell-o with some cool whip that needed to be used. it was tasty and so quick! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this was seriously such a delicious dreamy dish. i know i already commented, but after tasting this, i'm a big believer. benj is going to love this. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm typing up your recipe and taping it to little boxes of jell-o to give to my visiting teaching sisters as apology for waiting until the last day of the month to drop off a message! Thanks for the yummy inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great recipe! So easy and delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, and this is for sure a must do on my list!!! Thanks from a girl in Utah that never likes to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Does not work with sugar free Jell-O. :(

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs