Wednesday, June 24, 2009

busy as a horse

I know what you are thinking, "Hil, you have your sayings all mixed up". You're thinking, "Isn't it supposed to be 'busy as a bee' or 'hungry as a horse'?" Why, yes, it is. But I'm neither one of those so just get over it.

I have had some fun blog design orders lately and decided to share them with you, just because I can. I really love designing. It gives me something to do while I wait for Little Guy to wake up from his snoozes.

It also allows me to get rid of some of my creative energy without making a mess of my home. I just make a mess of my desktop instead. I have so many design documents on there that the other day my husband asked why I even have a picture for my desktop background. I try to get it under control, but usually fail. Oh well.

Here are a few of my latest:

"All That Is Good" wanted a new design for spring. Her previous blog design was pretty dark so we lightened it up and incorporated some fun spring colors and design elements.

Caroline has a fun card company and wanted her blog to be in all shades of pink with some black here and there. We also created a company logo for her to place on each of her cards. I love the girly factor in this one.

This is a blog design I did for my sister and her fiance a little while ago. We have since changed the colors to red and blue (a change in wedding colors). This version will soon be in my premade shop, so keep an eye open! It is one of my favorites.

"Because I Have Been Given Much" was another fun springtime design. She wanted a cartoon picture of a family of 6, but ended up loving the idea of a silhouette instead. The sidebar headers are my favorite in this one.

"Simply Delicious" is a cooking blog that my cute friend, Adele, has recently started. It focuses on posting recipes that you can make with items that you already have in your kitchen (genious idea). You are even able to submit a recipe and be featured on her blog! Go to her link and check it out.

5 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! Where do you get the images like Simply Delicious!! What a cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are way talented! They are all so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I am interested in having you design a blog, how do I contact you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Anonymous!

    You can get cute images like that from great royalty free stock photo sites available online. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HIlary,
    These are SO stinking cute! I love the one with the bird! You are so creative, I wish I had just a little bit of your talent! :) I might need to order a custom blog design from you, they are too cute!

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs