Saturday, April 4, 2009

Why Me?

This question seems to always come up whenever we go through trials.  I don't know about you, but I constantly find myself asking, "Why does this have to happen to me?" when things just don't seem to be going my way.

With my goal of "finding and having joy" in mind, I have decided to ask the same question but for different reasons.  

"Why was I blessed with such a wonderful, handsome, helpful and selfless husband?"  I love this man more and more each day.  Something I didn't think was possible on our wedding day.  I thought I loved him more then than I ever would.  Boy was I wrong.


img_1118


OR


"Why did this adorable little guy get to come to me?"  My Little Guy brings me more joy than I ever thought was humanly possible.  I am always laughing with him and love seeing the new things he discovers each and every day.  (It is especially fun when he pokes my eye out when I ask him where my eyes are.)


img_2920



I don't know why I have been so blessed, but my hope is to at least remember those two things (even though there are more) the next time I want to ask "Why me?".

By the way, did you watch conference today?  I thought it was absolutely wonderful (when is it ever anything else?).  I can't wait for more tomorrow.  We are going to have caramel rolls for breakfast (already straying from the cinnamon roll tradition I tried to start last year).  I can't wait!  

I also can't wait for dinner when I will be trying this yummy recipe from m.writes.

1 comment:

  1. this is such a good way to look at life 'why me?' in all the good things too. thanks for such insight! i'm glad you enjoyed the broccoli salad.. it's our fave.

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs