Wednesday, April 15, 2009

THE best hair-straightener, hands down.

I am in love.  Well, I guess I should say.. I think I'm in love.  It is far too early in the relationship to really tell if it is true love.  However, my new hair straightener left an AMAZING first impression (and second).  

I have been without a straightener for about 2 weeks now.  For a girl with naturally curly hair this hasn't been TOO bad because I have been able to just put some miracle goo in my hair and go.  HOWEVER, I have missed my long straight tresses.  My husband has too.  The poor guy told me when we were first dating that he didn't like curly hair.  I had straightened my hair every date we had gone on up until then so he had no idea I had naturally curly hair.  He didn't believe me until the next day when I left it curly.  

img_3273



Anyway, back to the straightener.  I did some major research (nerdy I know) and found a straightener that had everything I was looking for.  Reviews even claimed that the Solia was better than the Chi.  I realize that you Chi owners out there will be in complete denial that anyone could have ever said that.  But it's true, they said it.  This isn't why I bought it though.  I bought my new Solia for the following reasons:

  1. It has ceramic plates.

  2. Not only does it have ceramic plates but it has Tourmaline Ion plates which claim to give a shinier, silkier result than regular ceramic flat iron in lesser time, emits up to 6 times more negative ion.

  3. It has temperature control and isn't just set at a blazing 450* that could damage your hair over time.

  4. Has the ability to go up to 450* if you need it to.

  5. Can straighten damp hair (still too scared to try this... I was always taught that was the worst thing you could do to your hair, aside from bleaching it).

  6. It has a 1-1/4 inch plate which will help straighten my longer hair faster.

  7. It was 50% OFF.  Yep.  You heard me right.


The great first impression was the super sleek packaging it came in.  Loved the slide-out cardboard box compared to the deathly vacuum sealed plastic covering that most straighteners come in.  I say deathly because those things can be dangerous while trying to open them with a knife (which happens to be the only tool that can get those darn things open).  

The second impression came today when I actually used the straightener.  I was amazed at how incredibly smooth it glided across my hair.  Not once did the thing snag.  Not only that... but it left my hair shiny.  My hair was shiny again.  It hasn't been shiny since my last drop of Nioxin was used.  All I can say is those ceramic/tourmaline plates are no joke.  

The other cool feature is the Dynamic Alignment System which ensures perfect contact between your hair and the plates.  I didn't get what this could mean when I read it on the box, but the best way I can describe it after using it is that the plates have sort of a spring system and so the harder you push them together, the harder they grip your hair.  Genius.

As I said above, I think I am in love.  This could be the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

Have you entered my Premade Blogger Template Giveaway yet?

1 comment:

  1. oooo. i'm highly interested. i've always had some wave in my hair, but it went crazy after i had macey. it takes me 30-45 minutes to blow dry and straighten. i often leave it curly now because it's way easier! i own a chi but am always interested in something better! keep me updated!

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs