Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's Day

April Fool's Day used to be one of my favorite days while growing up.  I remember plotting all sorts of schemes and giggling to myself as I laid in bed the night before the big day.  The excitement of the day has kind of warn off in my 'old age', I blame it mostly on having used up all of my creative juices when I was younger.

Here are some fun things you can try that I have done in the past:

  1. Lift up your toilet seat lid and place a piece of Saran wrap tightly over the bowl. Put lid back down and voila!  Seran wrap is invisible.  Rude? Yes. Disgusting? Totally. Funny? Only if you aren't the one that has to clean it up.

  2. Put an elastic band around the sprayer in your sink so that when someone goes to turn on the water they get drenched.  Note: don't forget that you have done this or else you will be the one that ends up drenched.

  3. If you work, switch wireless keyboards with the person closest to you and type funny things while they try to type.  I wish I could try this one, I think it would be hilarious.

  4. Make chocolate chip cookies with a TABLESPOON of salt rather then a teaspoon like the recipe calls for.  My sister did this once, but not on purpose and not on April Fool's.  Not cool.

  5. The best is when April Fool's lands on a Saturday or Sunday.  This is when you can wake up your spouse, sibling, child, etc and tell them they are going to be late for work, school, etc.  Mean?  Yes.  Easy?  Only if you are a morning person.  If done to me?  I would probably smack whoever had done it to me.

  6. Short sheet the bed. Never done this?  Go here to find out how.  It's a hoot!

  7. One that I used to use all the time when I was little, that was super annoying but very easy, was simply tell a lie and cover it by saying "April Fool's". I had a lot of practice with this one because I used to do it all the time but instead of using April Fool's as the excuse, I would say "Just Kidding!".  Example. Me: "Hey Julie, did you get that 10 page essay written up that is due today in English?"  Julie: "What?!??!  I thought it wasn't due until next Tuesday?"  Me: "April Fool's!" Note: this only works with super gullible people like Julie.  (Julie is a fictional character in this example)

  8. Switch out the sugar for your cereal with salt.  Yuck.


That's all I've got for now folks.  I have been reading this article about the Top 100 April Fool's Day Hoaxes of All Time.  Crazy some of the things people come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs