Saturday, March 21, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Pistachio Bread

On my family blog I posted about how we made Pistachio Bread this year.  It was always a treat whenever my mom would make the stuff and we thought it was so cool that it was GREEN!  I had a few requests for the recipe and had full intentions of getting this recipe up on St. Patrick's Day.

Well, needless to say, that didn't happen.  I blame it fully on the weather.  It is finally to the point where you don't have to bundle up in 5 layers before walking out the door.  My little guy and I have had lots of fun not only going on walks... but going places in general!  In the winter time I tend to stay home 90% of the time.  It just isn't worth it to bundle us both up, only to unbundle us once we get to the car and then go risk both of our lives by driving on the snowy/icy roads.

Anyway, back to the Pistachio Bread.  Thank you to those who were patient with me and waited for me to post it!  This recipe is so much fun, and so festive, it will be worth your wait.  You could even make it for Easter and it would still be quite fitting.  Here is my mom's Pistachio Bread recipe:

Mom's Pistachio Bread

Ingredients:






1 Yellow Cake Mix

1 pkg Pistachio Instant Pudding

4 eggs

1 c. sour cream

1/4 c. water

1/2 c. oil

cinnamon and sugar





Instructions:


Preheat oven to 350*.  Grease either 2 regular sized bread pans or 4 mini loaf pans.  Mix the dry ingredients together in a big mixing bowl.  Add eggs, sour cream, water and oil and mix well.  Pour into greased bread pans and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.  Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (or until bread doesn't jiggle when you shake the pan).  ENJOY!





1 comment:

  1. I made it! Jason and the kids thought it was great!

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs