Thursday, March 12, 2009

Girl Scout Cookies - a.k.a. No Self-Control

img_2598


What is it about girl scout cookies that is so dang good?  I usually HATE any sort of packaged cookie.  In fact, just thinking about Chips Ahoy makes me want to gag.  But there is something about girl scout cookies that is different.  I could eat a whole sleeve of Thin Mints in one sitting!  In fact, I did eat a whole sleeve in one day just two days ago.



I remember being a girl scout when I was little.  I think it only lasted for a couple of months, maybe not even that long.  I joined because I loved their cookies and was hoping I could get some for free.  I still to this day have no idea what the girl scouts do, or where the money for their cookies goes.  All I know is that I love their cookies.

While going to The-Worst-Place-On-Earth-On-A-Saturday-Afternoon (Walmart) we passed a booth that was selling these very cookies.  I jokingly asked my husband if I could get some Thin Mints.  He walked up to the girls and said, "I want two boxes of Thin Mints, two boxes of Samoa's and one box of Tagalongs."  I was shocked.  Upon asking him why he bought so many he replied, "I thought they were $8 a box, but when I found out they were only $3.75 I had to get more!"

Update:  We have currently eaten 1 1/2 boxes of both the Thin Mints and Samoa's and 3/4 of a box of the Tagalongs.  I would LOVE to tell you that we had a bunch of friends over who helped us eat them... but I'm afraid that would be lying.

People love these things, I tell ya.

4 comments:

  1. Sigh...you and I should talk about our complete lack of control when it comes to all things cookie. I'm just like you with the cookie dough thing (except my true weakness is Pillsbury sugar cookie dough) and unfortunately my friend sent me two boxes of girl scout cookies last week, both of which were consumed in under an hour.
    Don't even get me started on double stuffed oreos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! We bought a 3 boxes and it only took us 10 days to eat them. We love them too! I love the samoas and I really like the dulce de leche cookies. I don't really like mint of peanut butter on anything, but J finished off an entire box of thin mints in 3 days by himself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you, girl. Polished off an entire row of thin mints this evening myself. I, too, braved Wal-mart earlier this week and at least the trip was good for something. Mmmmmmmmmm!

    I think it would totally be justified buying a hundred dollars worth of thin mints. In the name of food storage and the year supply and all. (more like 3 months...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't get a big variety of girl guide cookies like that, which is probably a good thing! We only get some mint ones and the vanilla and chocolate cookies.

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs