Thursday, February 5, 2009

What is that SMELL??

I am still alive.  Phew!  My little guy is STILL sick, which means he has been for over a week now.  Not only that, but I now have a swollen right tonsil.  Ugh.  Oh well, we'll both get over it soon!

Even with being sick, I somehow managed to make it over to Wal-mart (my absolute favorite store on the entire planet... as you all know....).  When I go to that place I usually bring my husband along with me so that I don't have to face the crazy crowd alone.  However, with our little man being so sick I didn't dare bring him along and left him at home with my husband.  Have I told you how much I hate that place lately?  Anyway, I survived and made it home with a whole cart full of food and supplies.



I had received a coupon for the Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Gel and thought that I would give it a try.  I decided it was a neat concept because all you have to do is stamp it on the inside of your toilet bowl and every time you flush it freshens your toilet.  The best part is that you never have to remove it, it just flushes away.  Wahoo!  Well, all I can say is that I am NOT a fan.  It has a horrible medicinal smell to it.  Every time I walk by my bathroom I think, "What is that SMELL??" and remember it is that darn gel thing that is stuck to the side of my toilet bowl.  It reminds me of a hospital smell or something and honestly makes me want to gag.

Not only is the scent bad, but it is SO STRONG.  I was so excited because I got a new Scentsy warmer for my bathroom but I haven't been able to use it all week because this other scent over powers it!  Luckily the one stamp only lasts for a week.  I will NOT be stamping another thing of gel in there even though the package gives you 6 weeks worth. I cannot wait for it to be gone.  However, if they come out with a better scented one, I will be all over it because I really do love how clean it has kept my toilet in between cleaning days!

5 comments:

  1. Which scent did you get? The regular or the citrus? My friend loves the citrus one and recommended it to me. I just bought a box. I hope I don't regret it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! We got that too and I hated the smell! Our ENTIRE apartment smelled like it! Sick! So I pretty much threw it away, sickest stuff ever! I am glad that you agree with me:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. two orders of business today:
    1. thank you for informing me of the medicinal smelling gel thing b/c i got the same coupon and had it on my list!!!
    2. every time i come to your blog i see that cake you are holding. i MUST (pretty please!) have the recipe:-) i'm hoping you will email me with it!
    love em

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went through the exact same thing we when stamped our toilet for the first time. It actually smelt worse than if I hadn't cleaned the bathroom. Glad we aren't the only ones who think that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad I read this! Now I will not buy them!
    p.s. You have super cute blog designs...I am borrowing one of your freebies right now and I gotta tell you I ♥ it! I just wanted to tell you in person how much I ♥ it...THANKS!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs