Saturday, February 14, 2009

Finding Joy.

Life is funny sometimes.  There are days, like today for example, when I am reminded of how fast one's life goes.  I swear it was just yesterday that I graduated high school.  But in all actuality it was 5 years ago.  Seriously???  Where on earth did the time go?  It scares me to think that in another 5 years I will think the same thing.

Looking back on my life I realized that I have always been looking forward to the next stage in life.  Why couldn't I have just been content with where I currently was?  In an attempt to make up for the past, I want to make the best of every single day and enjoy the stage of life I am in.

I am going to find joy in the nights that my little guy wakes up at 4 AM  crying for me, because I know one day I will miss having him in my home.

I am going to find joy in living in this apartment, because I know one day when I have a home I will miss these days of not having to worry about home maintenance and property taxes and not to mention a mortgage.

I am going to find joy in having my husband work and go to school at the same time, because it will be worth it in our future.

I am going to find joy in the messes my little guy makes, because one day I will miss cleaning up after somebody.

I am going to find joy in my failed attempts to make dinner, because HOPEFULLY one day I will have learned how to cook wonderful meals for my family thanks to the failed attempts.

I am going to find joy in not having lots of money and living frugally, because one day I will be grateful for the lessons I learned.

There are many other things that I need to find joy in.  They are all things that I tend to complain about or get depressed over.  I just need to look at the brighter side of things and realize that I will miss all of this one day.  There is a song that has really touched me lately and reminded me that I need to enjoy every stage of life. It's called "You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins.  Not my favorite singer, but I really do love the meaning behind the song.


4 comments:

  1. I love that song...and I actually really like Trace Atkins's music, but I am a hardcore country fan. :) That is a good thing to think about. I often think about this and think I really need to stop working so much so that I can spend more time with my kids and less time on the computer. Thanks for the reminder. You are such a sweet mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, love the song too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you have to say about Joy!!! I have the same sort of thought on the subject and even added the same video. Love the connection!!! Enjoy that little one!!!
    please visit me @; www.drakenaylor.blogspot.com and then for an update on my son's life goto www.drakenaylortoday.blogspot.com
    I love your blog! T-

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs