Friday, January 23, 2009

SUCCESS!



For those who were wondering, my bread that I talked about here turned out great!  It was so yummy... probably the best homemade bread I have had in a long time.  I didn't take a picture because I still need to practice on "shaping the loaves".  But I did steal this picture from the Pantry Secrets Blog. I am hooked.  It took me 60 minutes and that includes clean-up!

My little guy LOVED "helping" me by trying to eat the dough that I gave him to play with.  He also loved the bread.  He and I ate half of the loaf before my husband even came home!  Oops.  My husband was impressed and loved it as well.  SUCCESS!!

I haven't made or bought white bread in YEARS.  My health science professor scared me from ever going anywhere near the stuff again (that and mac and cheese).  However, I do love it... a little too much (hence half of the loaf being gone).  I think next time I will try the wheat recipe.

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get the stuff from you so I can make it! Will you send me the recipe, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mind sending me the recipe? I LOVE the smell of freash bread in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I really want to try the recipe out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok ok, i'm getting closer to getting the book. a few more posts and i'm sold;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Hilary, I am WAY impressed. You may not know about my relationship with bread making...it's long and sordid. I'm going to have to give this pantry secrets stuff a try.

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs