Thursday, January 1, 2009

No one can match my Bodacity

After many years of trying to be cool, I have finally succeeded.  Whether it was when I was in elementary and had the latest and coolest Bonnebell chapstick, Jr. High when I could be seen drinking a Strawberry Frutopia, or even High School with my Nokia brick phone that had an orange cover (my high school colors were orange and black), none of those even compare to the level of coolness I have now reached.



What has made me this cool you ask?  I finally purchased a Mac, much to my brother's delight.  So far, it has been a great decision.  I talked myself into it by using the excuse that "I need it for my design business because Macs are better for designing"... yeah right, like I really knew what I was talking about.

The real reason is because of those commercials.  You know the ones I'm talking about, with the cool Mac guy and the nerdy PC man.  Whenever those commercials would come on, I was always reminded by what a nerd I was for having a PC.  I would justify it by telling myself that the Mac guy was probably really full of himself and one of those guys that forgets your anniversary or doesn't notice when you get your hair cut.  I would then tell myself that even though the PC guy came across as a nerd, he was very sweet and the type of guy that notices everything about you and sends you flowers "just because".

Well, I have since found out that the Mac guy is not only very cool, but he is a keeper.  I love my Mac and can't believe what I have been missing out on with my PC.  However, don't get me wrong... I still love my PC.  Mostly because I actually know how to use it and partly because I love rooting for the underdog...and nerds.

By the way, I hope you all had a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year!  We have had a wonderful holiday season and are dreading the day that my husband starts school up again.

P.S. If you are a new reader, please understand that I write my posts dripping with sarcasm.  So, please realize that I don't consider myself THAT cool, just pretty cool.

9 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, your blog is snowing!!!!! so super cool. and your google ads are in spanish. that is way cool. mine are still in english, dang it. also, you have just made me want to buy a mac. dang it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the purchase! I bought my mac in September and have loved it every minuet since!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We too just got a Mac for Christmas and it is the best computer I've ever had! I can't believe I've gone this long with a PC. I'm excited for this Mac so I can start digital scrapbooking. Hopefully my stuff will turn out as cute as yours. You are so creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And how in the world did you get your blog to snow!?!?! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the Mac, but you have always been cool...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, I'm green with envy. Did you have to buy a new copy of Elements to go with your mac or did it convert?

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, but I will have to... which is a major bummer. I still have my PC though, so until I save up for photoshop on my Mac that is what I will use.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I *heart* my mac. So glad you got one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, so I just watched Kung Fu Panda...and now I get your title.

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs