Monday, December 22, 2008

The Best Way to Spread Christmas Cheer...

IS SINGING LOUD FOR ALL TO HEAR!  But, if that doesn't work just make these babies!

Last Wednesday was my holiday baking day.  I made Andes Mint Cookies!  I'm not usually a fan of the little thin chocolaty mints but these cookies are so yummy.  They are also just a fun holiday cookie!  And yes, I am going to share the recipe with you.

Andes Mint Cookies
Ingredients:


1 c Sugar
1/2 c Brown sugar, packed
3/4 c Butter or margarine
2 Eggs
1 ts Vanilla
2 tb Water
3 c All-purpose flour
1 ts Baking soda
1/2 ts Salt
6 oz Andes mints
Directions:


In a large bowl, cream sugars and butter or margarine.  Add eggs and water.  Beat well.  Mix flour, soda and salt well.  Add gradually to egg mixture. Chill dough overnight (it is important that the dough be WELL chilled... I just set mine outside in the freezing cold for an hour). Wrap each mint completely in cookie dough.  Place 2" apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.  Bake 7-9 minutes until golden brown in a 375* oven.

Want to see them?  You know you do:




Then, just for kicks... you can put them on a cute Santa's Cookies plate and wrap 'em up in cellophane.



Now if that doesn't spread Christmas cheer, I'm not sure what will!  I lied.  I do know what will.  Watching ELF!  Fine, I'll go do it.  Plus, it doesn't hurt to make it snow on your blog.

By the way, although it may seem like I am making this into a recipe blog... I am not.  I just love sharing the things I love with you, and it just happens to be food lately!

3 comments:

  1. They were YUM! Thanks for bring them this weekend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look soooooo yummy! I am going to make them. My neighbor brought some made with chocolate cake batter and rolos. Those were way yummy too. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIvPzt tuifsyzngyoa, [url=http://wgyazvbovaok.com/]wgyazvbovaok[/url], [link=http://miuzkmesckab.com/]miuzkmesckab[/link], http://zwqlyyjeknqc.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs