Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Love/Hate Relationship

I have a new found love.  It is WinCo's bulk food section.  Have you guys ever seen this?  Sure, I had heard of it and even passed by it the one time I had ever been to Winco but I didn't understand the complete and utter awesomeness of it.  My husband and I spent a good 30 to 45 minutes looking at all the things they had to offer.  They had all kinds of things from laffy taffy to all-natural-press-it-yourself almond butter.  What the heck is almond butter anyway?  Why would ANYONE not want peanut butter (which happens to be my #2 favorite food, cookie dough being my #1)??!!  Anyway, back to the bulk foods.  We ended up getting all sorts of dried fruit, i.e. bananas, mangos, cherries, dates (that was my husbands pick).  We also got peanut butter filled pretzels (absolute heaven), and a 10-grain pancake mix which we tried tonight and it was delicious.  I couldn't believe the savings.  It was rediculous really, and made me feel stupid for not shopping there all the time!  So, it is safe to say I am in love.

However, I also have a new enemy.  WinCo Foods on a Saturday afternoon.  I think it is safe to say that it is worse than Wal-mart folks.  Yep, I said it.  I couldn't believe how many people were there!  The second we walked into that place, I started to hyperventilate.  I would have turned around and walked right back out that door if it hadn't been for the fact that I was there with my sister-in-law who I love to spend time with.  She was there with her newborn and I couldn't imagine leaving her there alone in that chaos with a baby!  It is safe to say that I will NEVER return to that place on a Saturday afternoon.  Next time I go it will be on a weekday, in the morning...EARLY MORNING!

I should give Winco some credit in that it took no time at all to check out.  This would definately not have been the case had we gone to Wal-mart who is famous for their 45 minute wait lines.  OH, and what's with the Christmas music already???  It's been playing since Halloween.  I am a strong believer in taking one Holiday at a time.

3 comments:

  1. what do you mean, what is almond butter? it's fantastic and a much better nut for you than peanuts.. which makes it better for you than peanut butter. it's yummy! you should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almond butter is way fabulous. My friend is allergic to peanuts and let me try her almond butter. It is really yummy!

    I have heard great things about Winco! I will have to check it out sometime when I visit Idaho.

    You would be highly disappointed in me. I put my Christmas tree up 2 days ago. I was too excited and I couldn't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that section for candy! I went and stocked up before Twilight!

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs