Monday, October 27, 2008

Did ya miss me?

Yesterday, after being away from my husband for a total of 249 hours (yes I calculated it, and yes it took me WAY longer than it should have... I blame it mainly on public schooling), I was so excited to see him. I had so much fun being with family and friends, but it just is never the same without him by my side. When I walked through the door, I immediately noticed that he had probably spent all day cleaning (despite the fact that it was sunday..) knowing that I hate coming home to a messy house. As if that weren't enough, he had made dinner and had it neatly sitting on the stove.

After dinner, he told me to go take a nap and he would watch our little man while I did so. I was exhausted (having stayed up until 2:30 the previous night and waking up at 5:00 and then 7:00 with our little guy) so, I followed his request and slept for an hour. When I woke up I saw that he had cleaned the kitchen from dinner, bathed our child, and unpacked my bag, our little guy's bag, my toiletry bag, and the diaper bag!

You would think that after such amazingly kind acts as these, I would be totally and completely grateful and treat him with all the love and respect that a husband like him deserves right? Riiiiight. Well, today was one of those days where I allowed my silly hormones to get the best of me. I was irritable towards him when he came home for lunch, and even worse towards him when he came home from work. He surprised me with a Welcome Home gift. He had gone on a shopping spree for me while I was gone buying me two new shirts, a sweater and a pair of shoes. All of which he claims were on sale. Surely after this act I would change my attitude and be the sweet loving wife he desired to come home to. Instead I continued on with my ba-humbug attitude, after thanking him for the gift of course.

I realized how incredibly ungrateful and rude I had been ever since I arrived home. It's any wonder why my husband didn't just send me back to where I had been. I have always been in awe towards the amount of patience and love my husband has for me. I don't deserve it, that is for sure, especially after days like today.  I'm sure many of you (if not all) are wondering why I would blog about such a thing.  Who in their right mind would ever post about how incredibly foolish they acted?  I write about this mainly because I want to be reminded not to act like this again when I read back on this in the futre, but  I also do it because it's the truth.  It's what happened.  I don't want to flower this blog up and make everything sugar coated.  All I can hope is that one day I will have learned from my husbands great example. I made him my mom's amazing pumpkin chocolate chip cookies tonight, in hopes that I could make up for my pathetic attitude. Who knows, maybe tomorrow I will even attempt to have the house cleaned, laundry done and dinner ready for him when he gets home...riiight.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet husband you have! I can't imagine you even being irritable! I am sure your irritable is still sweeter than most women's normal days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can be rude to me anytime if it means you'll make me some of those cookies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know... no matter how good and strong the relationship in your marriage is, you always need a marriage counselor. i never knew that and that's why my husband and i was always fighting when i don't even know where the problem was coming from. we are deeply inlove but when we fight, you won't believe we would ever be husband and wife. it's has been like that ever since and i was kinda getting use to it and anytime we are having quarrel i thought it is a minor thing that we can always solve it out but the last one we had, almost lead my marriage to divorce if not for the help of goddess sunlight who saved it. the marriage was already on the falling point by then it was like someone in a burning building...she tried to escape but the door was smashed and the window burning heavily escape was far from her she looked around and plug the tv and started watching hoping to die without any hope o getting out of it... just like in such frustration. i really want to thank goddess sunlight for her great restoration because if i'd get burnt by then my husband won't look at me but now, he'd prefer to be set ablaze just for me to live and i love him that much and i prayed that this love jai mata sunlight brought to home should never end because now i am enjoying the real love from my husband. sunlight is a queen mother of love with full understanding. if you want to get your love ones back contact her if you need counseling in your marriage contact her via sunlightmata@gmail.com and i assure you your broken heart shall be restored back

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs