Monday, October 13, 2008

Another Cake

My little guy turned one about a week and a half ago and I am just getting around to posting pictures of his cake. Since this blog is in some ways a following of my developing hobbies, I thought I would share it with you! From the moment I first saw this cupcake pan I was in love. However, the darn thing cost $30! Ouch. After MUCH rationalization and telling myself that I would hereby use this cake pan for every future birthday in our family... I broke down and bought it.  I am so glad that I did! It is ADORABLE and I know that it will get used more than just this once.  Before you look at the picks, you should know that I am a HORRIBLE frosting spreader.   But, that is why I keep trying.  Ok, now that you know that... take a look!

The master cake decorator at work. Ok, fine. It's just me.



Looks good enough to eat eh?

2 comments:

  1. What a cute cake! I think it turned out really well. You did great at frosting & I'm sure your little one loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take a slice!!! YUM!!!So your frosting technique is AMAZING because I was really perplexed as to HOW you found such a cute oversized cupcake wrapper, then figured it must have come with the cupcake pan (of course, right!?) --- then I remembered on your other blog and realized DUH--- it's frosting! Not a cupcake wrapper.

    So there you have it. You fooled me (don't think that's too hard to do, but hey, you got me!)

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs