Thursday, September 4, 2008

Birthday Destroyer

I am a birthday destroyer.  I didn't realize this until today, but after today I couldn't be more certain about the fact.  Today is my husband's birthday and I did everything possible (not intentional of course) to ruin his day.  Here is how I did it:

1.  Made him wake up to take care of our son when he cried out last night.  He then had to wake up early to get ready for work and I didn't even get out of bed before he left.

2. Made him go to Wal-mart (ugh, that dreaded place...) to buy the ingredients for his birthday pie.

3. Made him go back to Wal-mart once he had returned, to pick up chicken for dinner.

4. Posted an embarrassing picture of him on our family blog.

4. After a hard days work, he had to go to class (he is currently in school for his MBA) so I decided to attempt to make a pie.  I ruined the crust and burnt the first batch of chocolate filling.  I then attempted to make the chocolate filling again and ended up spilling half of it out of the pot while trying to stir  vigorously".

5. Didn't get started on dinner until 8:00 (he gets home at 8:30) and had a gazillion veggies to scrub so I could make Roasted Vegetables (one of his favorites).  When he called me on his way home I made him pick up some garlic... because I had forgotten that as well.  As I poured the olive oil over the veggies I realized it was rancid and had to throw it all out.

6. Called my husband and told him he needed to buy his own birthday dinner... oh, and some for me too.

7. Didn't even get him a card.  Had to use a generic card I had lying around the house that was made for "best girlfriends".

8. Didn't allow him the opportunity to open any presents (I gave them to him early).

SO, if any of you are out there to destroy your spouse's birthday, all you have to do is follow my 8 simple steps above.  I am so lucky to have such a wonderfully amazing husband who loves me and pretends to be happy even if I am a birthday destroyer!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a birthday to remember! ;) I hate when my cooking doesn't work out the way I want...especially on a special occasion!

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs