Thursday, August 7, 2008

On a happier note...

My last post about missing out must have been a bit depressing. I had a few people feeling sorry for me, and that wasn't what I was going for. Really, the only reason I wrote that post was for something to do since my husband was gone and my baby was finally asleep. So, I promise to make this post a bit more positive!

As most of you know, I have been DYING to try out my new cake decorating kit ever since I received it in MAY. How sad right? Well, the main reason that I hadn't decorated a cake is because I didn't really have a good justifiable reason to make one. Other than Father's Day.. there hasn't really been a holiday that would allow me to make one. The reason I have to have a justifiable reason is because if I didn't then I would be 100 lbs heavier by the end of the summer thanks to my lack in self control.

Two days ago, I finally got to the point where I couldn't take it any longer. I had to decorate a cake. My dilemma was that I didn't want to have a scumptuous chocolate cake sitting around for the next couple of days (ok, let's be honest... it probably wouldn't have lasted through the first night...). However, after watching Food Network Challenge (guilty) on cake decorating, I saw and awesome idea! Use RICE KRISPIE TREATS instead of cake! So, that's what I did. I made a Rice Krispie Treat cake and I decorated it.

The sad part of the story? I discovered I stink at decorating cakes. My mind was a blank when I tried to think of some great design to create on my blank krispie canvas. How pathetic. Next time I will find a design that I like and be a copy cat, at least until I can get my own creative juices to flow! Since I didn't have a design, I decided to just practice my flowers... and boy do I need the practice. It was fun though, I felt like I was a professional with all the tips I had to choose from. Without further ado... here she is:

By the way, don't forget to head over to Sherbet Blossom Studios today. It is the last day for the Bath Luve giveaway (a great invention to help newborns feel more comfortable in the bath.. LOVE IT, WANT IT!) and the first day for the Kiss My Style to win some super cute cherry hair clippies!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! And your flowers don't look bad!! I think it is really cute!

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs