Thursday, July 31, 2008

Missin' Out


Instead of sitting here at my computer writing a blog post, I should be at the War Bonnet Roundup Rodeo right now. My father-in-law got the three of us tickets and I even got a babysitter! (My sweet grandma who was so willing and so kind!) I was so excited to just get out of the house for once and dress up in my cowgirl gear so that I could yell "Rootin' Tootin!". Collin Raye was going to have a little concert after the rodeo and I was also looking forward to reminiscing about the good ol' days when I lived in Utah and would listen to KISSN country while doing my Saturday chores.



Things went great this evening. We went to Johnny Carino's. We all over stuffed ourselves with their yummy bread and divine pastas. We headed back home and the plan was to put my little boy down for bed before my grandma got there so that she wouldn't have to deal with it. So, I fed the little tike and laid him down. It didn't take long for me to realize that there was no way he was anywhere near falling asleep. We have had MAJOR issues with him lately when it comes to him falling asleep. It's unusual seeing how he used to be an angel child when it came to falling asleep on his own. Now, I usually have to stay in his room with him and hold him down so that he won't get up and jump. I usually do this until he falls asleep. If I didn't do that, then he would be up for 3 to 4 hours jumping and not sleeping (we've tried).

Tonight, I held him down for a good 30 minutes and finally told my husband and father-in-law to go without me, seeing how my little man was still as hyper as ever. I also told my grandma she could go home and that I was sorry to ever think that it was possible for my little guy to cooperate so that we could go out. Two hours since the time I initially laid him down he FINALLY fell asleep. Now here I am blogging instead of singing my heart out with Collin Raye. Ah, motherhood. It's a good thing my little man is worth it, besides that... I probably would have bawled my eyes out during the roping part!  Those poor little calves!

P.S. Do you think it could have been the sucker he had earlier in the day.....?

3 comments:

  1. Oh sad, Hilary!! Parenting, although worth it, has made me miss out on a lot of fun, too. You are right, though. It is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hyper littler girl who runs circles in her crib and jumps up and down whenever she is put down in it...
    So she sleeps in a port-a-crib in the laundry room where it is pitch black. It works pretty well.

    Are there other women in your ward you can trade with ? Or young women in your ward you trust to babysit a little hyper guy??? I feel so bad for you that you haven't gotten out much. ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Hilary -- that is so sad. I love CR too! I really wish you had been able to go. It is so nice to get away from the kiddos once in a while.

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs