Monday, July 14, 2008

Happier Times

I have had quite the day today.  It started early due to the fact that my 9 month old son is teething and having troubles sleeping lately.  In between nap times I had several errands that I had to run before we left on our family reunion, including a trip to Wal-Mart.  I really don't want to get started with that place again but, unfortunately, I can't help it.

For those of you who know me, you know I hate that place with an absolute passion.  I wouldn't have gone were it not due to the fact that our car needed an oil change and I needed to get a few things at the store.  Seeing how I didn't want to sit in some Jiffy Lube with a child who is into everything for 45 minutes and then head to the store for another 30 minutes, I chose to kill two birds with one stone.

Amidst the children screaming, the jam packed isles, the weirdos and the long check out lines, I tried to think of happier times. This was a little easier, seeing how the happier time is tomorrow.  My family is getting together for a little family reunion in a resort town that we used to vacation at a lot growing up.  We will be spending the week biking, playing tennis, golfing, eating great food, swimming, playing games and just relaxing.  As I thought about this great vacation ahead, I was able to blur out some of the commotion in Wal-Mart.

Even though I hate the place, if I am going to be fair I have to mention the two things I like about it.  Yes, I said like.  FIrst, is their return policy.  We have never had a problem returning anything to Wal-mart, as long as it rings up in their system, they will hand over the cash.  Second, is the fact that it always makes me contemplate about my own life and how blessed I am.  It was brought to my attention today that I have an angel child who just stared at the other children screaming their faces off while the parent told them to shut up (real classy, I know).

2 comments:

  1. Have fun with your family!
    You do have an adorable kid!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite the comedian!! I am almost crying I am laughing so hard! I guess I am not the only one who feels this way about Wal-Mart!

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs