Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Follow-up on Fondant

Well, after a week of seeing my fondant every time I opened the fridge, I finally decided it was time to conquer my fears and make my first fondant cake. I can't say that I am proud of my first cake, but I am glad that I now know what to expect for the next one. I think I must have played with the fondant too much because it got really warm and too stretchy which caused my end product to be lumpy. I didn't have those special rollers they make for fondant icing, and I didn't have that special food coloring dye either. So, I had to settle with my heavy, marble rolling pin and my normal food coloring (left over from dying easter eggs). I have a long way to go and I think I need to take a few classes before I invest in any decent tools to help me with the process; but all in all, it was a lot of fun trying this whole thing out. Have a look:

2 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs