Sunday, April 27, 2008

Bad Hair Month

About 4 months ago I did a crazy thing.  I cut off about 6 inches of my hair on a mere whim.  This was a bit of a crazy thing seeing how I have had the same hair length for the last 10 years or so.  I didn't really think that much about it, and I didn't even cry!  It was a lot of fun to give it a try, but I have decided to grow it back out for the summertime (mostly so that I can just pull it back whenever I want/need to).

I never imagined how hard it is to grow your hair out!  I am at that "in-between" stage where my hair is incredibly awkward.  It can't decide if it is short or long and it is starting to flip out on its own in random places.  I feel like it is just a mess even if I try to style it and even if I pull it back it looks rediculous due to the short stubby little pony tail that it makes.  I used to wonder why anyone would want hair extensions (not just because of the price, but because of how annoying it must be to have fake hair clipped into your own hair!) but I would seriously resort to that if I had the money. However, I know my hair will one day be normal once again and I won't feel so awkward.  I just wish that day would come sooner.

2 comments:

  1. Oh...I feel the same way! What were we thinking??

    However, and I am not just being nice, I love your hair!! After doing my hair this morning, I brought Sarah to my computer and showed her a picture of you in St. George. I told her that is what I want my hair to look like. She said, "Good luck! You have too much hair." I have fine, thick hair so it just it so light that it wont lay straight anymore. It is WAY too poofy even if I pull it as straight as I can. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we should start a "I know I look awkward right now but I am growing my hair out club"?? I know I would join!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs